Friday, September 6, 2013

29 faces




















Day1 fluid acrylic paints.




















Day 2 pastel on cold press paper, not my favorite either. All the blending is done on the paper. I think paint is more my medium.





















Day 3 pastel.  I tried pastel again but still did not like it.  I did this on cold press watercolor paper. Yuck it was awful, the pastel would not stick to the paper.  I really hated pastels after this.  I've boxed them up and will give them away.




















My 4th face was created with graphite pencils.  The vine/wallpaper was done in pencil first and then a Micron pen. I was stuck in the waiting room, while the husband had his eye appointment so that is what the journaling is about.




















My fifth face is done in charcoal pencil.  I added watercolor crayon for the eyes. Right after I took the picture, I set the drawing down to spray on a fixative and put it in a puddle of tinted water that was on my table.  Now half of her face is green.  I hate when that happens.




 Remember the cover I did for my chakra journal, well I thought it needed sprucing up.




















I painted the blue background, added the rays and added more color to the floor.  I like it a whole lot better now.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice faces, Kate. And I like the enhanced journal cover, too.

    I'm not a huge fan of pastels either. I've only used them a few times and wasn't thrilled with my results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ladies !!! you have been busy as a bee!!!Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the variety within your portraits! Lots of breadth!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the pastel portrait, something so soulful about her eyes.... nice faces....I like the enhanced cover page too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of these Kate, but you are intitled to your opinions. I always see you in their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to try all these different art materials. I like the pastel ones, but I understand your opinion about them. Am not so keen on them myself. My favorite is the charcoal one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful portraits! Each of them has an own impression. Especially I like the charcoal one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun portraits. Much harder to do then buildings in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.